A Recognised Teacher is a dance, drama, music, singing and/or musical theatre teacher who is committed to putting the safety of pupils first and meets the following Six Requirements of good professional practice.
All CDMT Recognised Teachers:
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Hold a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDMT Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Six Requirements for Recognised Teachers document publically available.
- Hold a CDMT, Ofqual or other government-recognised Teaching Qualification at QCF Level 3 or above or hold a performance based degree and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
- Complementary inclusion in CDMT's national online searchable database of schools and teachers
- Display of the CDMT Recognised Award certificate
- Display of the CDMT Recognised Teacher logo on marketing and promotional materials
- Discounted subscriptions from partner and supporting organisations – eg. IDS, The Stage, Dancing Times
- Discounted purchases from partner and supporting organisations – eg. IDS
- Discounted offers on DanceBiz management software, an efficiency tool used by hundreds of dance schools
- Unlimited supplies of CDMT Recognised Awards promotional leaflets and posters
To find your nearest CDMT Recognised Teacher search the database.
To apply online for the CDMT Recognised Teacher award click here
The Recognised Teacher category is an amalgamation of previous Recognised Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS) and Approved Teacher categories.