The ISTD seeks to employ a dynamic full time manager within the Education and Training Team to lead on the implementation of U.K courses and events. The ideal candidate should have proven experience of managing a range of events and a relevant degree in this field. Excellent verbal and written communication is essential, as is the proven ability to manage budgets and oversee all areas of a project from start to finish. The successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, as well managing a team, with a flexible and positive attitude towards the work place.
This is an excellent opportunity to combine a love of the arts with project management, to drive professional development forward to meet the strategic aims of the Society. The ISTD is one of the world's leading dance examination boards, encompassing a diverse range of dance genres, organising over 4500 days of exams annually with courses and events delivered in the U.K. and Internationally.
Closing date for application: 13th May 2018
Interviews are to be scheduled w/c 21st May 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Job Title: Professional Development and Events Manager
Responsible to: Head of Department, Education & Training
Main Purpose of Job: To initiate, project manage and lead the delivery of continued professional development courses and events for ISTD dance teacher members
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
These services may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the development and delivery of all courses and events in order to ensure the continuous professional development of dance teachers across the world, to accredited standards, in accordance with organisational aims and objectives, and in liaison with Faculties and other relevant departments.
- Devise and manage new initiatives in partnership with the HoD, to ensure the Society maintains best practice in Continuing Professional Development for dance teachers.
- Liaise with the Education and Training team to ensure the efficient and effective administration of all courses and events within your remit. Work with voluntary and paid colleagues to co-ordinate the provision of lecturers / trainers, venues and materials as necessary.
- Maintain regular communication with the ISTD Regional Representatives to ensure that the work of the Department meets the needs of members.
- Monitor the delivery and outcomes of courses and events to ensure ongoing compliance with internal and external standards and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all courses and events, reporting to the HoD from a participatory, financial and administrative perspective, and identifying and implementing changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement.
- Promote the uptake of ISTD continued professional development activities, liaising with external organisations as required, eg dance and education organisations, accredited centres, dance teachers/schools, venues etc, and internal departments such as Marketing & Membership Support.
- Manage allocated budgets for events and courses following organisational strategy and operating practices, reporting as necessary to the HoD and to the CEO. Ensure that all activities remain within established budgets, as outlined by the HoD, and that all expenses incurred by lecturersare properly recorded for audit purposes.
- Contribute to the marketing of the organisation and its service, including the provision of articles for‘Dance’ magazine, and support forevents and courses.
- Contribute to the broader activity of the Education & Training Department as required.
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the Society’s aim and objectives.
- Contribute to the design and development of on line learning programmes to support and enhance professional development.
- Promote and over see danceteachers.org in collaboration with the current team.
- Experience of planning and administering courses and events across a wide range of venues and of varying lengths and complexity.
- Experience of managing voluntary or paid staff to ensure the effective delivery of high quality services and events.
- Strong communication skills and experience of working in partnership with a range of stakeholders.
- Budget management experience and a demonstrable ability to work within given financial limitations to deliver services that are good value for the organisation.
- Excellent written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills to support effective decision making, identify and manage priorities and resolve difficulties encountered.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Previous experience of working within a dance, dance education or training environment, or similar
- Experience of working with teachers and knowledge of the continued professional development needs of teachers
- A proven ability to evaluate and report on programmes of work to support continuous improvement to services.
Signed: ……………………………………………………………………….. Date: ……………………………..
In block capitals